The US visa application process is a very serious and important step for all students who plan to study in the United States. The application process may vary and depend on each individual case, but below you can find the general visa information.
Below instructions are guidelines to help students, however the information is subject to change and the most accurate information is always available at the Embassy of the United States in Beijing, Beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn.
1. Pay the Application Fee
All applicants applying for nonimmigrant visas in China must pay the non-refundable application fees at designated branches of China CITIC Bank.
2. Fill in the Online Visa Application Form (DS-160)
The online application can be found in the following address:
Carefully follow the instructions at:
3. Make an Appointment
Buy a pre-paid PIN card from China CITIC Bank, which costs 54 RMB for 12 minutes of phone time or 36 RMB for 8 minutes. Unused minutes may be used later or transferred to another party.
Call the Visa Information Call Center (number: 4008-872-333) to make an interview appointment. Please ensure you know the following information when placing the call: applicant’s full name, passport number, ID number, MRV application fee receipt number, contact information, purpose of travel, place of residence, whether he/she was refused before, application number for DS-160. Calling hours are Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Pre-recorded visa information is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
4. Prepare Visa Photo
One photo the size of two x two inches square (51mm x 51mm). The photo of the applicant must have been taken within 6 months of application day.
5. Gather the Required Documents
1) Passport: valid for at least six months beyond the intended stay in the United States.
2) Chinese ID card.
3) The Printed DS-160 application form confirmation page.
4) One photo for visa.
5) The applicant fee receipt from China CITIC Bank.
6) Valid and expired passports containing all your previous US visits.
7) I-20 form.
8) SEVIS Fee Receipt: Pay US$200 SEVIS fee online in the following address and get receipt: https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.jsp
9) Proof of Finances: Working Certification of Parents, bank letter of deposit proof, certificate of property, Bank record for half a year.
10) Proof of Ties to China: Household register book, Citizen ID Card, Certificate of property.
11) Suggested supplementary documents: School admission letter, enrollment certification of home school, official transcript, and any other application materials for international program.
6. Appear for Scheduled Interview
On the day of scheduled interview, make sure to arrive in time to the US Consulate and bring all mandatory and supporting documents.
7. Arrange for Visa/Passport Return Through China Post
If your visa application is approved after the interview, the visa will be issued in your passport, and your passport will be mailed to you through China Post.
拨打签证中心电话： 4008-872-333预约面谈时间。打电话前务必准备好以下信息：申请人全名，护照号，身份证号码，DS-160申请号、 签证申请费收据号，联系方式，出国目的，居住地，是否有过拒签史。
一张规格为2 x2寸(51mm x 51mm)的近半年内照片。