Event Management Program动管理证书课程
California State University, Sacramento, more familiarly known as Sac State, is the 7th largest of all California State University campuses. It is located in the beautiful northern California, in the state capital of Sacramento. As the capital university, students enjoy not only the biggest public university education system in the U.S, but also have exceptional internship and research opportunities. Sac State also offers great value for money by being located in one of the most affordable cities, and with tuition among the lowest in the nation.
Sac State is a respected university that focuses highly on quality of learning and education. The student/faculty ratio is 21:1 and 80% of the teaching staff holds a doctoral or highest degree. Students can choose out of 60 undergraduate majors and 40 graduate programs. Sac State has well known award-winning programs in Engineering and Computer Science. The Sac State business school also belongs to the world top5 % together with Tsinghua and Fudan Universities. The most popular field of study at Sac State is Education, followed by Business, Criminal Justice, Communication Studies, Psychology, and Computer Science.
EXHIBITION AND EVENT MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE COURSE
The Event Management Program is aimed for excellent undergraduate and graduate students who want to add practical training to theoretical education. The program provides an excellent opportunity for students to become involved in the field of event planning, management and communication. Students will not only gain valuable international experience and improve their language skills, but also get professional knowledge and practical business experience in a truly international business environment.
Students who complete the Event Management Program receive a program certificate awarded by California State University, Sacramento, and is the equivalent to a second major degree certificate.
Students who complete the Event Management Program will obtain:
- Highly valuable Program Certificate.
- Class-hour prove for 12 academic credits, which is the equivalent of one semester’s coursework in Sac State. Obtained credit can be shifted to credit of one semester’s coursework in selected universities in China. Please contact USCEC for university-specific information.
- Build a foundation for successful career with international practical experience.
- Be taught by top professors and international professionals.
- Participate in field experience, combining theory and practice.
- Make valuable connections for postgraduate studies or future career, with university staff and admission officers, and top industry professionals.
Who can Apply
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students
- Postgraduates and professionals
16 August 2012 – 31 October 2012.
For later schedules please contact us directly.
California State University, Sacramento
Sacramento, California, U.S.A.
The Event Management Program consists of one semester’s coursework, which includes a total of 7 weeks of professional event management courses, and 3 weeks of American Culture studies and intensive English courses.
Program course list:
– Event Budgeting: Basic accounting and comprehensive event budget management. Students learn how to determine and calculate the practical budget for an event, which is the most important foundation to organize a successful event.
- Event Coordinating: Understand and learn controlled and dynamic coordinating that is essential for a successful professional event.
- Event Design: Basics of design related to event management, with consideration of environmental and sustainable design and business.
- Event Information System: The course focuses on latest technology and software of event design, management and promotion.
- Event Management: Students learn about field tendencies and practical event planning from experts and professionals in the event management industry.
- Event Marketing, Communication and Assessment: The course introduces main methods and channels of advertising and event promotion. Students learn about strategic communication, marketing and profitability.
- Event Backstage Management: Students learn about exhibition, supply chain of the event, logistics and outsourcing. Backstage aspects of working with hotels, restaurants, and caterers are presented and discussed.
- Risk Management, Law and Ethical Issues: Students learn how to deal with legal and ethical challenges that event management professionals often encounter. The course looks into contract law, regulations, insurance, and professional morals and ethics related to event management.
- Event Community Service and Internship: Students will get practical experience of the American event management industry.
How to apply
For more information and application, please contact us today!
- 风险管理、法律及道德准则：学生将学习如何应对活动中可能遇到的法律及道德问 题。课程重点讲述与活动策划管理相关的合同、法规、保险、职业道德水平和准则等问题。