Sac State GAP Program萨克拉门托分校全球预科项目
California State University, Sacramento, more familiarly known as Sac State, is the 7th largest of all California State University campuses. It is located in the beautiful northern California, in the state capital of Sacramento. As the capital university, students enjoy not only the biggest public university education system in the U.S, but also have exceptional
internship and research opportunities. Sac State offers great value for money by being located in one of the most affordable cities, and with tuition among the lowest in the nation.
Sac State is a respected university that focuses highly on quality of learning. The student/faculty ratio is 21:1 and 80% of the teaching staff holds a doctoral or highest degree. Students can choose out of 60 undergraduate majors and 40 graduate programs. Sac State has well known award-winning programs in Engineering and Computer Science. The Sac State business school also belongs to the world top5 % together with Tsinghua and Fudan University. The most popular field of study at Sac State is Education, followed by Business, Criminal Justice, Communication Studies, Psychology, and Computer Science.
The GAP preparatory program is designed for Chinese students who want to successfully complete an undergraduate or graduate degree in Sac State. Many excellent Chinese students fail to succeed with their studies in the US, but mainly due to the big differences in teaching methods, learning techniques and ways of being evaluated. The GAP program is designed to make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Students who are admitted to the GAP program will travel to California, where they will live and learn how to be successful in an American university, as well as significantly improve their language skills and become familiar with American culture. Students also even have the chance to take university courses for academic credit, which will save on their future tuition. After reaching the degree program requirement requirement, students will officially start their undergraduate or graduate studies.
During the GAP program students will improve their language ability, examination skills, academic and communication skills, as well as their overall comprehensive quality. They will understand the US education system and methods of teaching, and get a strong platform for their actual undergraduate or graduate studies. So when students start their official degree studies, they can fully focus on learning and they are completely qualified to succeed in the US system.
Students who are accepted to the GAP program will be pre-admitted for undergraduate or graduate studies, and start GAP course studies at Sac State. The course can be started on many different times of the year. Program duration is 16-32 weeks, depending on students’ individual level of English. During the program, students will have the opportunity to take university classes for credit at Sac State. After reaching required English level, students will become official degree students of Sac State.
Students are prepared and coached only by American trained professionals, who directly work with the university.
- No university entrance examination.
- No requirement to take SAT’s.
- No requirement to take Chinese College Entrance Examination.
- Get pre-admission notice, the most reliable guarantee for entrance to undergraduate or graduate program.
- Get proper preparation in California by American professional coaches and teachers in order to succeed in degree studies.
- Understand American university teaching methods, learning techniques, and how students are evaluated.
- Significantly improve English language and communication skills.
- Learn how to learn in the US, get foundation for success.
- Possibility to save time and money and take Michigan assessment test instead of TOEFL/IELTS, Sac State’s own assessment.
Who Should Apply
- Students who want to study complete undergraduate program in the US.
- Students who want to study complete graduate program in the US.
GAP Program Requirements
- High school graduates with outstanding academic record, minimum GPA 3.0.
- English language proficiency minimum TOEFL iBT 45 / IELTS 4.0 / Michigan Assessment Test.
- Independent, responsible and positive attitude.
Degree Program Admission Requirements (reach during GAP Program)
- Complete GAP Program with good results.
- For undergraduate program: TOEFL iBT 64 / Sac State Assessment test level 7.
- For graduate program: TOEFL iBT 80 / Sac State Assessment test level 8.
Apply now and begin studies within 2 to 3 months.
California State University, Sacramento
Sacramento, California, U.S.A.
The program length is determined by the students’ individual level of English.
- All students enter the program for 16 weeks (one semester).
- The students who reach required English proficiency level after 16 weeks will become formal degree students of Sac State.
- The students who do not reach required English proficiency level after 16 weeks, will continue the GAP program for another 16 weeks (second semester), and then reach the required level and become formal degree students of Sac State.
- Undergraduate program admission requirement: TOEFL iBT 64 / Sac State assessment test level 7.
- Graduate program admission requirement: TOEFL iBT 80 / Sac State assessment test level 8.
All GAP students will take English language and American culture classes. When students reach TOEFL iBT 64/80 or equivalent, they can also take one or more regular academic classes at Sac State, and earn academic credit and later save on undergraduate or graduate tuition costs.
How to apply
For more information and application, please contact us today!
- 参加萨克拉门托分校内部测试，节省参加TOEFL/IELTS 考试的时间和费用。
- 高中毕业生，成绩优异，GPA 3.0
- TOEFL网考45分/IELTS 4.0分/通过加州州立大学萨克拉门托分校内部测试
- TOFEL网考64分， 或达到加州州立大学英文测试7级（本科）